The following transfer options are only valid for Spartan Race Europe events in the West:
Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Spain, Andorra, Italy, France, Greece and Switzerland
The purchase of an entry ticket for a Spartan Race event is non-refundable. However, the company Xchange Sport & Event AG offers the following different possibilities:
- The deferment is possible at all races in Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Italia, Spain, Greece, Andorra, Slovenia and France except for the Trifecta World Championship Event in Sparta/Greece.
- The voucher code is valid for all races in Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Italia, Spain, Greece, Andorra, Slovenia and France except for special events like European Championships or Trifecta World Championships.
- The voucher code is valid to be used for 3 months after the event date of the race that the race ticket was initially purchased for. The voucher code can be used for all races that offer an online registration by that time regardless of the event date of those events.
(e.g. if the Sprint race which is taken place of 14th of April 2019 will be deferred on 10th of March 2019 the voucher code will be valid till 14th of July 2019. The race the voucher is used for may be later that year, e.g. for a race in September 2019)
- The value of the voucher code will be applied at the registration fee. Any remaining amount to be paid, due to a difference of the voucher value, and the registration fee is due for payment by the purchaser. The remaining amount due for payment is subject to service fees.
- If the value of the voucher code exceeds the price for the new registration the remaining amount will be forfeited.
- Only the paid amount for the registration that gets deferred is considered. If a discount or a deferment code was used for the original registration, only the amount that was paid to complete that registration will be considered. (e.g. if the payment for a €100 registration will be done with a 40% or €40 voucher code, the deferment for that race will be a €60 voucher code. Chronotrack calculates only the amount paid in, not the amount the race would cost. Therefore, if a 100% code will be used, the voucher code is worth €0.)
- Go to Chronotrack (our registration system) and choose "Athlete Account" in the upper right corner:
- Log in or create an account using the SAME email address you used for your original registration.
- In your profile, you'll see "Upcoming" and "Past" events tabs. Locate the race you'd like to defer.
- Once you locate the race you'd like to defer, choose "Change Race" on the right-hand side:
When you click Change Race, you'll have two options:
1) Change to another Race:
This service is available until Thursday 6pm the week before the event, additional fees may apply as well as category change fees. The customer has the option to transfer the registration to another registration choice within the same event: (e.g. Elite to Age Group) This service is available until the last Thursday 6:00 PM before the event and an extra fee will be charged due to the price difference between reg choices.
- €0 - Elite to Age Group, Elite to Open, Age Group to Open, Age Group to Elite
- €20 -Open to Elite or Age Group including VAT, + (9.5% additive service fees + VAT)
2)Defer my registration for another event:
This will allow you to withdraw from this event and receive the credit you paid for it, so it can be used as an alternative Spartan Event.
- The customer needs to activate a deferral within his/hers Chronotrack registration profile.
- This service is available until the last Thursday 6:00 PM before the event. A service fee will apply of:
- €10,00 including VAT + (9.5% additive service fees + VAT until 7 days before the event date)
- €20,00 including VAT + (9.5% additive service fees + VAT in the last 7 days until the last Thursday 6:00 PM before the event).
After the payment, you will receive a confirmation of your deferral, with a voucher code that can be used for another race of your choice depending on the mentioned rules. This voucher code is shown to you onscreen, emailed to you in a confirmation email, and saved for reference and use in the "Coupons" tab of your Chronotrack profile:
1 Here you find your code if you defer a race.
2 How to open the Coupon Section in your CT profile
3 The value of your code
4 This means if you have a code from deferral or maybe through a guest pass like a volunteer
5 The ecent you got your code from
6 Events you can use your code for (this can be changed if new events open)
7 The reg choices like Elite or Open
8 Here you can see if your code is still available
9 How long can you use your code for!
*If you're deferring your entry to a friend, all you need to do is to give them your voucher code. They can then proceed with registration as normal. They need to fill in the voucher code they received from you in the Coupon Code box during registration and will be credited the appropriate amount.
When you're ready to register for your NEW race, simply go through the registration process as usual for the new event. Fill in the voucher code you received in the Coupon Code box during registration and you will be credited the appropriate amount. Any remaining fees (price difference, Participant insurance, processing charge) will be your responsibility at that time.
It is up to you to ensure the race you want to transfer to is not sold out and also be aware that events can sell out at any time. It is possible for a heat at an event to sell out during the transfer process.
At some races we have special rules for some special heats like the Blue-Light-Heat for Police or Ambulance.
To register for those races or heats you will need an extended registration code because of the rare spots in those races! If you defer from one of these races, it is not possible to register again without a new "extended registration code". To get one you have to write an email to our support or, of course, you already earned one and just wanna use a code from another deferment. In this case the deferral codes will also work like all other races. It only matters if you got one of these rare codes to open the doors to that heat/race for you!